Friday, December 13, 2013

College Freshman Diaries - Week Sixteen

This is going to be a quick overview of the week, as I'm writing down everything right now. I've had a really rough day, look at Friday for an explanation, so I'll just leave this here. My break has officially started though, as I won't be down at DMACC anymore. Happy weekend everyone.

Monday - It had snowed a few inches the night before so Seminary was canceled. Got up late, got some stuff done, and headed into DMACC with my mom so we could buy next semester's books. Then I had Intro. To Vis. at 11:10am where a professional came in to talk to us. After that I went in for my Illustrator practical final. I headed home, took a quick nap, and we had the missionaries over for dinner.

*No photos from Monday, sorry*

Tuesday - Went in for Seminary, then headed to DMACC for my Final in Applied Math. Afterwards I worked on my little sister's Christmas gift and went to my Internship. When I got home I took some outfit pictures and later on took my little sister, Shye Anne, out to dinner since my parents were gone for their 19th Anniversary.
Tuesday Selfie
OOTD
Dinner with the Sis
Transformation Tuesday
Wednesday - Snowed again; more than Sunday night. Our parents stayed overnight for their Anniversary, so we didn't have to go into Seminary. I went in late for my last class of the semester; Intro. To Vis. It was a written Final, but it was open book. Monte is the best. Then I stayed to work on my sister's gift and when I got home I had a little time to relax before driving my little sister and I into Mutual.
Finished my last Final Selfie
Thursday - Seminary and then specifically to DMACC to finish the Christmas gift and work for a little bit. The gift took a lot longer than expected, because some things weren't working properly, but Monte helped me and we got it figured out. Then I went to my Internship. When I got home…..we planned to put my dog down; I drove in with my little sister but the Vet was closed….it was horrible driving home knowing I'd have to go back in Friday. Once home again I just tried to relax and take a nap.
Beautiful Iowa sunrise
Thursday Selfie
Friday - Headed into Seminary and then DMACC for work and to buy my last textbook for next semester. I worked at my Internship for four hours, and then said good-bye for the holidays. I bought my textbook, some lunch, and then headed home….I tried to be extra happy all morning because of what was coming up when I got home, but it didn't help….I loaded up Razzy again….I got to go alone, unlike the day before. Before I went in I was crying and talking to her, and we took one last picture together. She was a 10 1/2 year old black lab that was an outside dog that had bad arthritis. So, it was time for her to go, but it was still so hard. If you do the math you'll realize we've had her since I was 6 years old. I was going to stay while they did it, but I started to get emotional and I can't do that around people…so I left but I felt so awful. I nearly fainted in my car I was crying so hard and couldn't breathe right; I was hyperventilating. It's going to be so lonely without her here. I got some stuff done when I went home and my mom ordered pizza for me.
Internship Selfie
Too much free time, obvi.
Last photo with Razzy; right before we went inside…RIP; I'll always love you. <3

2 comments:

Raewyn @ Be A Warrior Queen said...

I'm so sorry about your dog :( I can't imagine how that feels but my thoughts are with you and your family!

Abbigayle Rashae said...

Thank you so much Raewyn. It means a lot. I hope you have a lovely weekend.

-XO Abbigayle Rashae